Headquartered in North Brunswick, NJ, Intense is a leading provider of single and multimode monolithic laser array products and high power laser diodes. The company’s patented innovations in Quantum Well Intermixing (QWI) and Asymmetric Waveguides (AW) generate uniquely high power, brightness, and reliability. Combined with a state-of-the-art high volume manufacturing facility in the US, this delivers unsurpassed product quality and value to customers in the print and imaging, defense, industrial, display, and medical markets.
Intense’s patented Quantum Well Intermixing (QWI) technology increases brightness and reliability while eliminating the problems associated with Catastrophic Optical Mirror Damage (COMD). The end result is innovative laser products that provide you with unrivalled levels of power, brightness, and reliability.
The use of such products brings huge benefits for customers in terms of cost, form-factor, robustness and functionality. Product ranges include Infra-Red, Visible, Bars & Stacked Arrays, and Individually Addressable Arrays.
Working in Partnership with our Customers
Intense works closely with customers to identify opportunities, and design and manufacture market-changing technology. Intense has a wide range of laser components, modules, bars, and systems available to meet customers’ immediate needs.
The product development team has a comprehensive set of design skills and experience, with a proven track record of executing complex custom development projects that meet time, quality, and cost requirements. By engaging at an early stage, Intense can design custom solutions that perfectly fit the customer’s requirements.
Intense has expertise in design and development of laser diodes with the ability to integrate state of the art electronic driver circuits, micro and bulk optics, and thermo-mechanical design. This allows Intense to provide complete laser module solutions that can compete with more traditional technologies on price, functionality, and quality in a way that other laser companies cannot.
Intense's Unique Laser Technology
Intense supplies lasers and laser modules that provide you with:
- Reduced complexity and high reliability thereby delivering cost savings
- Precise delivery of optical energy where it’s needed, increasing unit efficiency and lifetime
- A compact package that can include optical, electronic, and thermal management components
- An easy and affordable way to integrate multiple laser emitters into a single modular package
ISO 9001:2008 Certification
Current Job Positions Available
Job Type: Full Time Employee – Mechanical Engineer – Semiconductor Packaging and Process|
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree/Masters with minimum 4 years practical experience.
Intense, Inc., located in North Brunswick, NJ, designs and produces high performance semiconductor lasers for a variety of “blue chip” domestic and international customers within the Defense, Print and Imaging, and Medical industries.
We are currently seeking an Electro-Mechanical Engineer with industry experience to join our engineering team.
Mechanical Engineer – Laser Diode Packaging and Process Development
About the Job
- Provide engineering design and development on new and existing semiconductor laser devices and complex packaging solutions.
- Provide engineering design and development for mounting optical lenses with laser subassemblies.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing process on automated assembly equipment such as Palomar Die Bonders, ASM Wire Bonders, and Unitemp Reflow Ovens. This includes mechanical preventative maintenance, program development, and debugging.
- Support production for several diode laser products, including mounting laser arrays, photo diodes, ASICs, and similar micro components.
- Design of custom carriers/heatsinks, mechanical packages and other components related to semiconductor laser packaging.
- Provide training and support for production technicians and operators.
- Must be comfortable working in a clean room environment.
- Must be self-motivated, hands on, drive, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
Knowledge of the following a plus:
- LabVIEW programming
- Soldering/metallurgy experience
- Experience with laser diodes and characterization
To apply for a job with Intense, please fill out the form below and include a copy of your resume.