Headquartered in North Brunswick, NJ, Intense is a leading provider of single and multimode monolithic laser array products and high power laser diodes. The company’s patented innovations in Quantum Well Intermixing (QWI) and Asymmetric Waveguides (AW) generate uniquely high power, brightness, and reliability. Combined with a state-of-the-art high volume manufacturing facility in the US, this delivers unsurpassed product quality and value to customers in the print and imaging, defense, industrial, display, and medical markets.
Intense’s patented Quantum Well Intermixing (QWI) technology increases brightness and reliability while eliminating the problems associated with Catastrophic Optical Mirror Damage (COMD). The end result is innovative laser products that provide you with unrivalled levels of power, brightness, and reliability.
The use of such products brings huge benefits for customers in terms of cost, form-factor, robustness and functionality. Product ranges include Infra-Red, Visible, Bars & Stacked Arrays, and Individually Addressable Arrays.
Working in Partnership with our Customers
Intense works closely with customers to identify opportunities, and design and manufacture market-changing technology. Intense has a wide range of laser components, modules, bars, and systems available to meet customers’ immediate needs.
The product development team has a comprehensive set of design skills and experience, with a proven track record of executing complex custom development projects that meet time, quality, and cost requirements. By engaging at an early stage, Intense can design custom solutions that perfectly fit the customer’s requirements.
Intense has expertise in design and development of laser diodes with the ability to integrate state of the art electronic driver circuits, micro and bulk optics, and thermo-mechanical design. This allows Intense to provide complete laser module solutions that can compete with more traditional technologies on price, functionality, and quality in a way that other laser companies cannot.
Intense's Unique Laser Technology
Intense supplies lasers and laser modules that provide you with:
- Reduced complexity and high reliability thereby delivering cost savings
- Precise delivery of optical energy where it’s needed, increasing unit efficiency and lifetime
- A compact package that can include optical, electronic, and thermal management components
- An easy and affordable way to integrate multiple laser emitters into a single modular package
ISO 9001:2008 Certification
Current Job Positions Available
Job Type: Full Time Employee – Reporting Engineering/Production Manager | Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree with min 2 years practical experience.
Intense, Inc., located in North Brunswick, NJ, designs and produces high performance semiconductor lasers for a variety of “blue chip” domestic and international customers within the Defense, Print and Imaging, Medical industries.
We are currently seeking a hands on electromechanical engineer with experience in semiconductor laser fabrication and packaging to help the company execute its next phase growth strategy. This individual must possess a high level of energy, be detailed oriented, technically competent /proficient, customer focused, and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced workplace environment.
About the Job
- Provide engineering package design and process development of new and existing semiconductor laser products.
- Maintain and set up new processes on automated assembly equipment such as Palomar Die Bonders, ASM Wire Bonders, and Unitemp Reflow Ovens. This includes mechanical preventative maintenance, software programming, and debugging
- Manage production for several diode laser products, including mounting laser arrays, photo diodes, ASICs, and Similar micro components.
- Manage inventory usage and operator training for various processes.
- Must have CAD experience (Solidworks) and be familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must be comfortable working in a clean-room environment.
- Must be self-motivated, hands on, driven, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual FoxPro and Labview is a big asset.
To apply for a job with Intense, please fill out the form below and include a copy of your resume.